2019 Philadelphia Little Quaker Try-Outs are quickly approaching. Mark your calendars with these Try-Out Dates:
*Registration 6:00/Try-Out 7:00
*Report to the Dooney Field House on Penn Charter Campus for registration.
• Players cannot have turned 15 prior to 9/1/2019 & weight is unrestricted.
• Players MUST make a minimum of 2 try-outs to be considered for the 2019 Team.
• Practices are held at Penn Charter Perrott Field (3000 W. School House Lane, Philadelphia on Tuesday & Wednesday nights 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
• Practices begin on October 15th and run until the season ending trip on 12/4-12/8 (approximately 15 practices).
• Following Try-Outs, practices are primarily instructional practices lead by 10 experienced HS coaches with college-playing experience on Staff; along with a certified Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach. Players will receive a tremendous amount of individual attention to improve their football technique.
• Tentatively four (4) Home games are tentatively scheduled to be played at Franklin Field – William Penn Charter School (11/10/19), University of Pennsylvania (11/17/2019, 11/24/ 2019 & 11/29/2019).
• One (1) Away game tentatively scheduled to be played in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL area (12/7/2019).
• The Away game trip is at no expense to the player. Trip tentatively includes round trip transportation/air fare, sightseeing tour through Miami, simulated “recruiting trip” to the University of Miami and a tour of the NFL Miami Dolphins football facilities.
• Former LQ alums include NFL players; such as 2016 NFL MVP Matt Ryan, Oakland Raiders Daryl Worley, Panthers WR “Philly Brown”, GB Packers FS Ibraheim Campbell, former PSU & Browns DT Scott Paxon, former Chargers FB Curtis Brinkley too name a few along with countless D-1 players and current All-State HS players.