News and Announcements
Little Quakers- Please note, due to inclement weather we will be moving practice indoors tonight. Please report to the Donney Field House Gym (Where Try-Out Registration was) no later than 7:00pm for practice. Please be sure to bring sneakers, no cleats are allowed inside the gymnasium. Thank you for your cooperation.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Parent’s Meeting is being postponed until Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 at 7 pm in the Kurtz Building (2nd Floor). (Building directly behind the practice field) A parent or legal guardian for each player MUST attend.
We are in the process of booking travel arrangements for our away trip, we must have a copy of your sons birth certificate. Please bring a COPY to practice on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. ****
The Philadelphia Little Quakers are proud to announce the addition of TJ Boccella to the 2019 Roster. Welcome aboard, TJ!
As the Philadelphia Little Quakers continue their football tradition for the 67th year, it’s our honor to announce the 2019 Philadelphia Little Quaker team roster. We always see some of the best area football players at try-outs and this year was no different. Thank you to all 110 participants for showcasing your talent and effort. Thank you to the families for your commitment and support of our program. For those football players that did not make this year’s team AND do not turn 15 years of age by September 1, 2020, please consider trying out again next year. For those players that will be too old, we wish you great success in your journey on and off the field. Congratulations to the following 2019 Philadelphia Little Quakers and remember “Once a Little Quaker, Always a Little Quaker”.
David Washington, JR
Practices will be on Tuesday & Wednesday nights 7:00 – 8:30 pm rain or shine. You are expected to attend all practices and Team functions. If you have an illness, injury or emergency and are unable to attend practice, please contact Coach Rahill.
· Always check the LQ website on practice days for any last minute updates.
· The 1st practice of the 2019 LQ Team is on Tuesday, October 15th @ Penn Charter @ 7 pm. Always bring a pair of sneakers to each practice in case we need to go indoors due to inclement weather.
· There is a mandatory Parents Meeting on Wednesday, October 16th at 7 pm in the Kurtz Building (Opposite side of the parking lot from the practice field), 2nd Floor. A parent or guardian must attend. We will review the upcoming LQ season.
Once again Congratulations to the 2019 Philadelphia Little Quaker Team.
Due to inclement weather, Tryouts are cancelled for tonight. The 2 out of 4 attendance requirement is waived due to the cancellation.
Check back on this website: www.philalittlequakers.com after 5:00 pm on Sunday, 10/13 to view who made the official 2019 Little Quaker Roster*****
UPCOMING DATES TO NOTE:
- First Practice for the 2019 Little Quakers will be Tuesday 10/15 @ 7 pm.
- Parents Meeting will be Wednesday, October 16th in the Kurtz Performing Arts Building, 2nd Floor, a parent or guardian MUST attend.
2019 Philadelphia Little Quaker Try-Outs are quickly approaching. Mark your calendars with these Try-Out Dates:
*Registration 6:00/Try-Out 7:00
*Report to the Dooney Field House on Penn Charter Campus for registration.
• Players cannot have turned 15 prior to 9/1/2019 & weight is unrestricted.
• Players MUST make a minimum of 2 try-outs to be considered for the 2019 Team.
• Practices are held at Penn Charter Perrott Field (3000 W. School House Lane, Philadelphia on Tuesday & Wednesday nights 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
• Practices begin on October 15th and run until the season ending trip on 12/4-12/8 (approximately 15 practices).
• Following Try-Outs, practices are primarily instructional practices lead by 10 experienced HS coaches with college-playing experience on Staff; along with a certified Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach. Players will receive a tremendous amount of individual attention to improve their football technique.
• Tentatively four (4) Home games are tentatively scheduled to be played at Franklin Field – William Penn Charter School (11/10/19), University of Pennsylvania (11/17/2019, 11/24/ 2019 & 11/29/2019).
• One (1) Away game tentatively scheduled to be played in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL area (12/7/2019).
• The Away game trip is at no expense to the player. Trip tentatively includes round trip transportation/air fare, sightseeing tour through Miami, simulated “recruiting trip” to the University of Miami and a tour of the NFL Miami Dolphins football facilities.
• Former LQ alums include NFL players; such as 2016 NFL MVP Matt Ryan, Oakland Raiders Daryl Worley, Panthers WR “Philly Brown”, GB Packers FS Ibraheim Campbell, former PSU & Browns DT Scott Paxon, former Chargers FB Curtis Brinkley too name a few along with countless D-1 players and current All-State HS players.