News and Announcements
2019 Philadelphia Little Quaker Try-Outs are quickly approaching. Mark your calendars with these Try-Out Dates:
*Registration 6:00/Try-Out 7:00
*Report to the Dooney Field House on Penn Charter Campus for registration.
• Players cannot have turned 15 prior to 9/1/2019 & weight is unrestricted.
• Players MUST make a minimum of 2 try-outs to be considered for the 2019 Team.
• Practices are held at Penn Charter Perrott Field (3000 W. School House Lane, Philadelphia on Tuesday & Wednesday nights 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
• Practices begin on October 15th and run until the season ending trip on 12/4-12/8 (approximately 15 practices).
• Following Try-Outs, practices are primarily instructional practices lead by 10 experienced HS coaches with college-playing experience on Staff; along with a certified Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach. Players will receive a tremendous amount of individual attention to improve their football technique.
• Tentatively four (4) Home games are tentatively scheduled to be played at Franklin Field – William Penn Charter School (11/10/19), University of Pennsylvania (11/17/2019, 11/24/ 2019 & 11/29/2019).
• One (1) Away game tentatively scheduled to be played in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL area (12/7/2019).
• The Away game trip is at no expense to the player. Trip tentatively includes round trip transportation/air fare, sightseeing tour through Miami, simulated “recruiting trip” to the University of Miami and a tour of the NFL Miami Dolphins football facilities.
• Former LQ alums include NFL players; such as 2016 NFL MVP Matt Ryan, Oakland Raiders Daryl Worley, Panthers WR “Philly Brown”, GB Packers FS Ibraheim Campbell, former PSU & Browns DT Scott Paxon, former Chargers FB Curtis Brinkley too name a few along with countless D-1 players and current All-State HS players.
Please join us for our 13th Annual LQ Golf Outing, supporting the legacy of the Little Quakers. Monday 8/26/19 at Bala Golf Club. 12:00 registration, 1:00 tee-off. Pre-Registration available. https://teampages.com/forms/20866-2019-Golf-Outing-Registration-
The Philadelphia Little Quakers community celebrate the amazing life of David Montgomery who sadly passed away at the age of 72. As a former LQ player, coach and life-long supporter, Mr. Montgomery’s remarkable life is a testament to the Little Quakers philosophy of providing opportunities for young student-athletes to reach their dreams. Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family, friends and the LQ nation. He will be missed. Once a Little Quaker, always a Little Quaker.
The 66th Season Little Quaker Team Banquet is going to be on Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 7:00 pm at FS Investments Board Dining Room (Philadelphia Navy Yard, 210 Rouse Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19112) Tickets should be purchased online, $50 per guest, current players attend free. Please see link “2019 LQ Banquet Registration” on the left menu to register.
Please note, individual player photos, season action shots and 2018 photo yearbooks may be purchased at the event. Contact Kadi Schenk at email@example.com
The Philadelphia Little Quakers organization is saddened by the passing of founder and Philadelphia icon, Robert (Bob) P. Levy, who died of natural causes on Wednesday. He was 87 years old. Mr. Levy created the Philadelphia Little Quakers in 1953 to provide a once-in-a-lifetime football experience for young student-athletes in the Delaware Valley. His legacy lives on today in the hearts and souls of over 2,500 former Little Quakers players who benefited significantly from being part of the legendary Program over the past 66 Seasons. My Levy is survived by his wife, Cissy, and five adult children; Robert Jr, Mike, Katherine, Angela and Wendy. Details of services to be announced. “Once a Little Quaker, always a Little Quaker”.
A Memorial Service will be on Sunday, November 11 @ 12:30 pm at Levine Funeral Home (www.levinefuneral.com) at 4737 Street Road, Trevose, PA. Contributions in his name can be made at https://teampages.com/forms/19199-Mr-Levy-Memorial-Donation
Please feel free to share your fondest memory of Mr. Levy and your Little Quaker experience @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/littlequakers